Today we are living in the age of technology where everything is connected to the internet, and our life is rapidly depending on smart devices such as smartphones, software applications, digital payment, smartwatch, smart speakers, smart lights, smart restaurants, smart product delivery by drones, etc.
In short everything is getting smart, so here we are going to discuss smart devices and other important things related to them.
What Are Smart Devices?
I am not a smart device expert, but according to me, a smart device is simply an everyday object which is making our life a little better and labor-free.
Definition of the smart device by Arm.com
“Smart devices are all of the everyday objects made intelligent with advanced compute, including AI and machine learning, and networked to form the internet of things (IoT). Smart devices can operate at the edge of the network or on very small endpoints, and while they may be small, they are powerful enough to process data without having to report back into the cloud. They range from sensors to refrigerators and wearables to container transportation, capable of running autonomous workloads.” source.
Definition of the smart device by Techopedia.com
A smart device, as the name suggests, is an electronic gadget that is able to connect, share and interact with its user and other smart devices. Although usually small in size, smart devices typically have the computing power of a few gigabytes. Source
Why Smart Devices Are Important & Their Role In Our Life?
They Make Our Life Easy: These devices are called smart because they can make our work a little easy, for example, traditionally we were required to visit our bank in order to transfer money to someone’s account, but now you can do this with a few clicks by using your smartphone. Also, with a smart speaker, you can create routines such as lighting the bulb when you wake up, or remind you of your daily task, etc. So every smart device is developed to make our life a little easier.
Easy To Operate: Operating smart devices are very easy; they can operate on your voice command or with a few simple clicks. A device that is complicated in operating then it can be anything than a smart device. You can turn on your home light, AC, etc, over your voice command.
Very Powerful: These smart devices are very small in size in comparison to their power. You can take a smart speaker as an example, a small smart speaker can play songs, manage your home, remind you of your tasks, set alarms, tell stories, communicate with other smart devices, and there is a lot more.
Remote Monitoring: There are many remote motoring smart devices that can let you monitor your home, children, etc remotely from anywhere. Even there are some smart home devices which can notify you if any wrong thing happened to your home in your absence, such as a fire or any leak in your home.
So Much Space For Customization: Customization depends on the smart device, but they can be customized as per your need & preference. For example, a smart bulb has thousands of options for colors.
There are many more benefits of smart devices; if you want to know more about the benefits of smart devices, then please visit this Article.
What Are the Consequences Of Smart Devices?
As I said, I am not an expert, so here I am showing a part of the article “Smart devices may be hazardous to your health” from cio.com.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), a division within the World Health Organization (WHO) has determined that non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation (NRFR) – which is emitted from cellphones, laptops, home appliances and all smart devices – may ultimately be hazardous to your health, as well as the health of your children and your employees.
The WHO has classified NRFR as a Class 2B Carcinogen, in the same category as automobile exhaust, DDT, Titanium Dioxide found in sunscreens, etc. The effects of Electro Magnetic Frequency (EMF) have been insignificant until recently and as devices continue to permeate our homes, schools and work, WHO is beginning to issue caution because EMF is showing up as the cause of cancer.
The WHO’s fear is that there will be an alarming increase of cancer and other life-threatening diseases assaulting our bodies and our culture as EMF devices invade. Testing is beginning to show some alarming results so the 2B classification is the first warning step.
Every smart device (IoT), laptop and mobile phone and tablet emits small amounts of EMF. Until recently though, only an excited perception of how these devices will improve our lives has been on our minds; not much thought has been put into how smart device advancement could do possible harm. WHO is wading in with possible alarming results. Source
Are Laptop Smart Devices?
Yes, a laptop is a smart device because it can connect to the internet and can work with software applications to make our work effective and easy. Even nowadays, laptops come with pre-installed digital voice assistance, which can perform tasks on our voice command.
What Are Smart Home Devices?
The name “smart device” suggests everything. A smart device is an electronic device that is able to connect, share and interact with its user and other smart devices. So all those smart gadgets which can be used in our household are smart Home devices such as smart home cleaners, smart speakers, smart bulbs, etc.
Smart Devices Guides
In our blog we frequently share smart device guides and articles. Below you can find all of our smart device related posts.
- How to Program a FiOS Remote Control to TV With Or Without a Code?
- How to Use Web Bookmarks on an Android Phone or Tablet?
- How To Add e911 address For T-Mobile, Verizon, & AT&T?
- How To reset voicemail password on Your Cell Phone?
- How To Use FaceTime Without WiFi (With Mobile Data) On iPhone?
- How to turn off/On autoplay videos on Facebook For Android, IOS & Desktop Browser?
- How To Turn On/Off Theater Mode For Apple Watch?
- How To Turn On/Off bluetooth On Apple Watch?
- How to “wipe your cache partition” For Android?
- how to find sim card (ICCID) number On iPhone & Android?
- How To turn On/off wi-fi calling On Android & IOS Smartphone?
- How To Turn On/Off “Offload Unused Apps” In iPhone?
- How To Insert/Remove SIM Card On Any Android & IOS Smartphone?
- How To Turn On/Off Wi-Fi Assist On IPhone?
- how to turn on/off airdrop On Any iPhone Model?
- How to Set Up Siri on Any iPhone & iPad Model?
- How To Delete Voicemail On iPhone & Android?
- how to delete events on IPhone calendar?
- How to Change Voicemail Greeting on iPhone?
- how to screenshot on a kyocera phone?
- how to reset Or Restart a galaxy core prime?
- how to split screen (Multi Or Pop Up Window) on lg stylo 6?
- VLC Dark Mode: How To Change Skin In VLC Player?
- How To Turn On & Off TalkBack/Screen Reader On Your Android Smartphone?
- how to take a screenshot on samsung a51 5g?
- how to screenshot on a droid turbo 2?
- how to edit, add, Sync, Delete, Import, & Export contacts on verizon cloud?
- how to take a screenshot on a zTE android phone?
- how to block or unblock phone numbers on samsung note 5?
- How To Setup 5G On Samsung Galaxy S20 And S20 Ultra With Verizon?
- How To Format SD Card (Memory Card), USB Drive, Flash Drive On Chromebook?
- how to turn on/off rTT (Real Time Text) on motorola phones?
- How To Restart, Reset & Factory Data Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 10?
- how to reset GizmoWatch & Any Other Verizon SmartWatch?
- What Is Screenshot? | How To Screenshot On Different Devices?
- How To Screenshot On Toshiba Laptop/Computer?
- How To Screenshot On Any Samsung Note Series Phones?
- How To screenshot on your Lenovo Laptop/computer?
- how to screenshot on Galaxy s21, Galaxy s21 Ultra, & Galaxy s21 plus?
- how to screenshot on any motorola Smartphone?
- how to screenshot on a lg phone?
- How To screenshot Google pixel 3, 3a, 3 Xl, 4, 4a, 4xl, & 5?
- how to screenshot on iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 pro, 12 pro max?
- Are You Unable To Screenshot Netflix? Learn, how to screenshot netflix?
- how to take screenshot on iPhone 7, & 7 plus?
- how to screenshot on All Samsung tab (tablet) Models?
- how to screenshot on iPhone 8, & iPhone 8 Plus?
- How To Screenshot On LG Stylo 2 V, LG Stylo 5 & LG Stylo 6?
- How To Capture Screenshot On LG V20 Smartphone?
- How Cast ESPN Video App To Google Chromecast Using Phone?
- Things you must consider Before Buying The Google Nest Mini 2nd Generation