Kik might have been popular when it was launched. As it was a relatively new concept it was accepted by users worldwide. The features like privacy and the ability to use it on multiple platforms attracted the users to Kik.
In the present day, what is new and unique about Kik? Sadly, nothing. The same features are provided by competitors like Whatsapp and Signal. Therefore, if you find yourself in the position that you do not want to be on the platform anymore, you can consider deleting your account from the platform.
You can follow the easy steps that are discussed in this blog to delete your Kik account without any hassle. We will also mention the alternative to deleting your account and the consequences that come with getting rid of your account on the platform that is Kik.
Thing To Note Before Deleting Kik account
It is always prudent to understand the consequences of the actions that you are about to take and plan ahead to cause minimum harm.
If you are planning to close your account on Kik, here are some points that you should remember.
- Since it is a messaging platform, you might have many chats with your various contacts that are saved on Kik. After you delete your account, you will lose all these chats.
- Your account will be deleted permanently and you will not be able to access the account again.
- You will not receive any communication from Kik in the form of emails or messages.
- If someone searches for your username on Kik, they will not be able to find your account
If you have read all the points above and the consequences seem like no big deal, you can continue to the next section where we discuss step-by-step how to delete the account.
How to Delete Kik Account?
- Follow this link to the Portal for Deleting a Kik account.
- Enter your Username and email.
- You will be asked your reason for leaving.
- Enter the reason that you feel is the most suitable for you.
- Click on Go.
- Open the mail you receive from Kik on your registered email address.
- Read the mail and click on the button that says Permanently Deactivate.
- Also, follow all the other steps listed in the mail.
- Your account will be deleted.
Alternatives to Deleting your Kik Account
If you do not wish to delete your account and bear the consequences that come with it, you can also choose to deactivate your account.
Deactivating your account comes with several benefits like, you can pause your account with no loss of data. Whenever you decide to log in to your account, you will find all the messages and notifications from the time before you paused your account. Here is how you can do it.
- Follow this link.
- Enter your registered email.
- Follow all the steps that you see on the screen.
- Your account will be deactivated.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not wish your kid to have an active account on Kik, then you can easily remove it. The only condition is that you must have the email address and the username that was used to create the account. Follow this link to contact Kik and get in touch with a representative. On this link, submit a request to delete the account and the representative will let you know about the steps that you need to follow for the same. You can also choose to send an email to Kik with the subject ‘Parent Inquiry’ requesting them to delete the account in the body of the email.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More