If you are receiving the 502 bad gateway error with Twitch then this is a server-side issue that occurs when servers are overloaded with traffic or when servers are facing some issues.
As per Lifewire, “The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server. These errors are completely independent of your particular setup, meaning that you could see one in any browser, on any operating system, and on any device. The 502 Bad Gateway error displays inside the internet browser window, just like web pages do.”
Below we have suggested a few workarounds, try them as they may help with this issue with Twitch.
Fixes For Twitch 502 Bad Gateway Error
- First, visit the Twitch Status page to check if all of the Twitch systems are operational or not. As well as also visit Downdetector to check if Downdetector is showing any outage with Twitch. If Twitch servers are down because of any issues then you should wait till things get back to normal.
- If there is no reported outage with the Twitch servers then try quitting the Twitch and wait for around 60 seconds. Meanwhile, disconnect and reconnect your device to the internet. Then relaunch the Twitch and check if the error still comes.
- If the error persists then power off your device and internet for around 5 minutes. Make sure to disconnect your device and router from the power source while they are shut down. Then after waiting for 5 minutes restart your device and internet, then relaunch Twitch to check if the error persists or not.
- Next, perform an internet speed test for your internet to make sure that your internet speed is fast and stable. If your internet has no issues but the error is still coming then try connecting over a mobile hotspot connection, if the error doesn’t show then any of your internet settings are causing the error, and you should contact your ISP.
- If the error still occurs no matter what you do then you should wait for a few hours, at least 1 to 2 hours as it is possible that there are some system-wide issues with Twitch but they haven’t yet updated about it. But if the error continues even after waiting for too long then you can consider contacting Twitch support to report this issue.
Related Error Codes