If you are having the error code itv-101 while using the Freevee then in this post we will advise you on some possible workarounds to get rid of the error.
The error says,
Failed to load Watch. Error Code: ITV-101
What Is The Freevee Error Code itv-101?
As per our research, the error code itv-101 mainly occurs while accessing the Freevee app. We have found that this error is very common for those users who use the Freevee on their Roku Device.
On the Amazon support page, there is no information available for the error, but we were able to find some workarounds from the Amazon official support forum. Below you can check all the workarounds we were able to find in our research.
Fixes For Freevee Error Code itv-101
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Device
The first thing you need to do is to power cycle your device, this way you can make sure there are not any temporary issues with your device or app which might be causing the error.
- Quit the Freevee.
- Then power off the device on which you are using the Freevee. If you have a setup box, Fire TV Stick, etc then also consider powering them off.
- Please make sure to disconnect your device from the power source.
- Then wait for a full 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then power on your device and launch the Freevee.
- Now check if the error still remains.
Fix 2: Check The HDMI Cables
- If you are using a TV then make sure HDMI cables are properly connected to your device. If your HDMI cables are in their place then plug them out and then replug them.
- Check if you are using an HDMI cable that is compatible with HDCP 1.4 or HDCP 2.2 content.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet
- Disconnect your router from the power source and wait for a full 2 to 3 minutes. Then restart the router and try using Freevee to check if the error still remains.
- Go to any internet speed test website and check your internet speed to make sure your internet speed is fast and has a stable connection.
- Try using other apps on your device to check if they also have issues, if other apps also show issues then this may mean a problem with your internet.
- If you have access to any other wifi then consider connecting your device over a different wifi connection. You can also choose to connect over a mobile hotspot connection.
Fix 4: Check If Your Device Or Freevee Needs To Be Updated
- First, check if Freevee needed to be updated. If there is an update for the Freevee then consider installing the update and then check if the error still persists.
- Also check if your device’s firmware needs to be updated, especially if you are using a Smart TV, Fire TV, or similar device.
Fix 5: Uninstall The Freevee App And Reinstall It
If the error still remains then we will suggest you to uninstall the Freevee App from your device and then reinstall the app.
- Uninstall the Freevee App from your device.
- Then perform a restart for your device.
- Once the device restarts go to the apps store and reinstall the Freevee app.
- Then launch the Freevee and check if the error still remains.
Fix 6: Are You Using Any VPN Or Proxy
In case you are using any VPN, Proxy, or any similar service then consider disabling it and then check if Freevee still shows the error.
Fix 7: Check If Country Settings Are Correct For Your Account
- Access any Smartphone or computer, and visit Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Then log in to your Amazon account.
- Then go to the Preferences tab.
- Then choose the Country/Region Settings.
- Then choose Change.
- Then check if you have chosen the right country, if not then consider updating your country where you are currently located.
Fix 8: Clear Cache Data For Freevee
- Press and hold on to the Freevee app icon.
- Then choose App Info.
- Then choose Storage.
- Then choose clear cache.
If you are using the Freevee on an iPhone then consider offloading the Freevee app and then reinstall it.
For Fire TV
- Go to Fire TV Settings.
- Then choose Applications.
- Then under the Manage Installed Applications choose Freevee.
- Then choose Clear Cache.
- Then choose Clear Data.
Fix 9: Contact Amazon Support
If you still receive the error even after trying the above workarounds then we will suggest you to contact the Amazon support team for further help and advice.
Like This Post? Checkout More