If you are using the Freevee app on your Smart TV, Phone, Roku, Fire TV, or any other device and experiencing any issues while playing any shows or live TV then here in this article we will tell you what you should do in this solution.
If you are experiencing any issues while using Freevee and there are any specific error codes then you should search troubleshoot specific for that particular error code but if you are having some general issues then below we have shared a few workarounds which may help you with the issue.
What To Do If Freevee Is Not Working?
Note: Before trying any kind of troubleshooting, make sure your internet is working with a minimum download speed of 1 MB/s for SD content and 5 MB/s for HD content, if not then contact your ISP to report the problem. In simple words before moving toward any solutions make sure your internet is working flawlessly.
Freevee Not Working On Roku
- The first thing you should do is quit Freevee and check if you have an update pending for Freevee. If so then consider installing the pending update and then check for the error.
- If Freevee is up to date then remove the Freevee from the Roku and then reinstall it after restarting your Roku device. After uninstalling the Freevee from Roku it’s very important to restart your Roku device to ensure a clean channel reinstall.
- Our next advice will be for you to manually check the update for the Roku.
- Go to the Home.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose System.
- Then choose System update.
- Then choose Check Now.
- If Roku is up to date and the error continues then next check if the error is specific to Freevee or the error is coming for all the channels. If the error is coming specifically for the Freevee then contact the Freevee support, but if the error comes for all the channels then get in touch with the Roku support team.
Freevee Not Working On Fire TV
- The first thing you can try is to force-stop the Freevee app and then relaunch it to check if it helps or not.
- Visit the main device Settings
- Choose Applications.
- Choose Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose Amazon Freevee.
- Choose Force Stop.
- Then Relaunch the Freevee app to check for the error.
- If force-stopping the Freevee app is not working then try restarting your Fire TV.
- Disconnect your Fire TV device from the HDMI Port.
- Then remove the Fire TV device from the power source.
- Now wait for a full five minutes.
- Then reconnect your Fire TV device to the power and power it on
- Then reconnect the HDMI port.
- Then relaunch the Freevee app.
- Now check if the error still comes.
- Check if there is an update pending for the Freevee app, if so then update the app to its latest version.
- Next, check if you need to update your Fire TV device, it may be possible that your device has a pending firmware update which might be causing this error.
- Visit your device Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV.
- Choose About.
- Choose Check for Updates.
- If there is a pending update, choose Install Update.
- If you are using any VPN or proxy servers then make sure to disconnect them as this may also be the reason for the error.
- If you still get the error then uninstall the Freevee and reinstall it. If it doesn’t resolve the issue then most likely the error is coming from the Freevee itself. We will recommend contacting Freevee support to report the problem.
Freevee Not Working On Smart TV Or SmartPhone
- Restart the Freevee app two to three times and then check if it helps with the error or not.
- If you are using Freevee on a smartphone then power off your phone and then restart it after a couple of minutes. But if you are using Freevee on a Smart TV then shut down your TV and disconnect it from the power source, then restart your Smart TV after 5 minutes and check if the error still comes.
- If the error continues then next try clearing the Freevee app cache data and then check if it resolves the error or not.
- If clearing the cache data also fails to resolve the issue then next uninstall and reinstall the Freevee app on your device.
- If reinstalling the Freevee app also doesn’t work then this is the best time to get in touch with the Freevee support team to report the problem.
Related Error Codes