Here we will share the details for the Microsoft error code 80180006 which says, “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-fi, VPN, or email.”
As per our research users may get the error code 80180006 while logging in or registering to Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Entra, or while signing in to anything that needs a work/school account. Also, this error is very common for new users or new devices, but in a few cases, this error can also affect old users.
Fixes For Microsoft Error Code 80180006
- There are two main reasons for this error, whether there is some problem on your end or the error is coming from Microsoft’s end itself. So the first troubleshooting advice we will give you is to reboot your device along with the network, and then try checking for the error again.
- If the error still appears after rebooting your device and network then the next advice we will give is to update your company portal app to check if this anyway helps with the error or not.
- Next, you can try clearing the app cache data, and then check for the error again. If the error persists then you can try reinstalling the app on your device.
- Also, check your device date and time settings and make sure it’s accurate.
- Try checking updates for the Microsoft app and Windows, If you find any pending updates then consider installing them, and then check for the error again.
- If you are having this error with the Microsoft Entra then instead of signing in or registering with an email, tap the opinion towards the bottom of the dialog box which says something like “connect to Microsoft Entra“, and try registering or signing in with that link.
- If the error still continues then this also can be your device firewall or security program which might be blocking communication between the Microsoft service and your device. So you can try temporarily disabling your device firewall, and then check if the error still comes.
- In case you still get the error then we will advise you to reach out to Microsoft Support to report the issue, at this point they are the ones who can provide further help and advice.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft error code 80180006 says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-fi, VPN, or email.”
Microsoft error code 80180006 occurs while signing in or registering to the Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Entra, or while signing in to anything that needs a work/school account.
Microsoft error code 80180006 prevents the users from signing in or registering to Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Entra, or it can also affect any Microsoft product that needs a work/school account.
To fix the Microsoft error code 80180006 users can try restarting their device & network, updating their company portal app, clearing the app cache data, checking device date and time, checking updates for the Microsoft app & Windows, temporarily disabling device firewall, and reaching the Microsoft support.
Related Error Codes