As per our research, the error code 106-0502 occurs with the Nintendo Switch when users try to connect to an online feature of a game or software.
The error says,
“An error has occurred. Please try again later.”
As per the information shared by Nintendo, this error mainly comes when there is wireless interference or you are having a poor network environment.
Fixes For Nintendo Switch And Wii U Error Code 106-0502
Fix 1: Are You Using a Public Network?
In case you are connected to any public network such as at a college, cafe, hotel, etc then it can be possible that the network administrator has blocked the services like Nintendo so we will suggest you connect over a mobile hotspot connection to confirm that. In case the error doesn’t come when using a hotspot connection then this means that the error is with your network.
Fix 2: Restart The Game
If you are using a private/home internet connection then we recommend restarting the game to address a potential issue where online service maintenance may have ended, but the game was not restarted after maintenance. So simply quit the game and then relaunch it to check if the problem still persists.
Fix 3: Change Your Country
One user on Reddit mentioned that changing the country to the USA helped him fix the issue. So we will also suggest you do the same, simply visit your console settings and change the country to the USA, if it’s not set to the USA.
Fix 4: Check Your Internet
- Start by powering off your router by disconnecting it from the power source and then restart the router after 30 seconds to check if the error persists.
- If the error continues then go to any internet speed test website and check if your internet is proving good enough speed for gaming.
- If your internet speed is good then make sure there are not any metal objects or electronic devices between your Nintendo system and wireless router.
- At last, you can try factory resetting your router to the default settings to check if that helps.
Fix 5: Check The NAT Settings
- If you’re trying to join a room and the person hosting it has strict NAT settings and firewalls blocking certain ports, you won’t be able to join their room if your NAT is open and theirs is strict. They need to open up their NAT settings for you to be able to join.
- If you encounter an error while trying to create a room, it might be because of the same issue I mentioned earlier. You have too many restrictions in place that prevent others from joining your room or even starting a room on the network. To participate in matchmaking and join rooms, you need to have an open network.
Like This Post? Checkout More