In this article, we are going to discuss the error code -2/67 with PokerStars.
As per our research, the error can come while using PokerStars or if you are trying to update the PokerStars app.
The error can occur with two different variations,
1. Cannot connect on Windows: Errors -2/67
2. failed to connect to the PokerStars server Error Code -2/-67
As per the official information shared by PokerStars on their website, this error mainly occurs when your device firewall is blocking PokerStars access to the internet.
Here are the complaints raised by the users online.
Complain 1: I am trying to play PokerStars when i click on the PokerStars icon it tells me there is a new version to update ,when i click to updated the new version it tells me it failed to connect to the pokerstars server Error Code -2/-67 how do i resolve this.
Complain 2: Has anyone ran across after installing pokerstars it needs to update then giving error code -2/-67
Fixes For PokerStars Error Code -2/-67
Fix 1: Give Your Internet And Computer A Fresh Start
The first thing you need to do is to restart your device along with the internet.
- Power off your computer.
- Then power off your router or whatever network equipment you are connected to.
- Then wait for a full 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then power on the internet and your computer.
- Then check if your internet is working or not. You can also consider performing an internet speed test.
- Then check if the error still occurs.
Fix 2: Configure Your Firewall
If the error still occurs then you need to configure your firewall. To perform PokerStars it requires the correct configuration of the firewall. Every firewall control panel will have a list of programs and each program will have different permission. Whenever you install a new program your firewall asks for configuration settings. So your firewall may be blocking PokerStars resulting in this error.
Here is how to configure your firewall for the PokerStars.
The steps will be very much similar in most for most of the Firewall, but the location will be different in each firewall:
- Go to your firewall control panel. You can access the firewall control panel by double-clicking on the firewall icon near the Windows system clock, or go to the Start menu and locate it from there.
- Then select the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Then under the program list, you can find the following items.
- PokerStarsComp.exe (.NET only)
- You need to check permission for each of these programs. If any of the programs’ permission is set to Block All then you need to change it to the Permit All.
Note: in case you feel any issues and need help then you can contact your security software vendor.
Fix 4: Disable Your Device Antivirus/Firewall Temporarily
If the error still occurs, try temporarily disabling your device’s antivirus/firewall, and check for the error.
Fix 5: Are You Using A VPN?
- If you are using a VPN then make sure you are using a server in a region where PokerStars permits, otherwise, you are likely to get this error.
- In case you are not using VPN then try using one if you have access. Many users mentioned that using a VPN helps them with the error.
Fix 6: Other Workarounds
- If you still have the error then it’s possible that PokerStars is going through some temporary issues with their system. So wait for a few hours or a day then try again.
- You can also choose to contact the PokerStars. When you contact them please make sure to send them the following details.
- Your connection type such as Dial-Up, Cable, DSL, etc.
- Your internet service provider.
- The log files from our software.
References for the Article
Like This Post? Checkout More
- How to Troubleshoot PokerStars Error Code -2/-87 (2 87)?
- How to Troubleshoot Sling TV Error Code 10-403?
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code “Hierarchy”?
- How To Fix Sling Tv Error Code 2-502?
For more error codes related articles visit here.