In this article, we are going to discuss the Steam error code e87 which occurs while singing in. The error says “Something went wrong while attempting to sign you in. Please try again later”.
For many users, this error started after the Steam update where they introduced the new Multi-Factor Authentication. But for some users, they started to have this error after changing their account password or username. There were even a few users who didn’t make any changes to their accounts but still have this error. If you are currently having the same error then below we have shared all the details for the issue.
Fixe For Steam Error Code e87
Fix 1: Restart The System
Before going into any troubleshooting we will suggest you to first restart the system so you can make sure if this error is coming because of some temporary glitch or if there is something else that needs to be fixed.
- Quit the Steam.
- Then power off your device.
- Then wait for a full 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then power on the device and launch Steam.
- Now check if the error still appears.
Fix 2: Check If Two Factor Authentication Is Properly Activated
Next, check if your account’s two-factor authentication is properly activated. Simply visit your account settings and check if you have properly activated Two Factor Authentication for your account, if not then consider making the correction and then check for the error.
Fix 3: Try Changing The Account Password
Next workaround we will suggest you to change your account password. If you have recently changed your account password and started having this error after that. Then even in that case, we will suggest you to change your account password again. Then check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Did You Change Your Username?
If you have recently changed your account username and started to have this error after that then we will suggest you to try login in with the old username. It’s possible that for some issues your new account username is not yet updated on the Steam system, which is causing this error.
Fix 5: Some Other Workarounds
- Try switching the device, if you are trying to log in from the Steam website then switch to the Steam client. And if you are trying to log in from the Steam client then try login in from the Steam website.
- Try using any other browsers to check if they help with the error or not.
- Next, try making a hotspot connection from your phone and then connect your device over it. Check if connecting over the mobile hotspot fixes the issues, if yes then you can continue using Steam with the mobile hotspot for some time and then come back to your original internet.
- If you still receive this error then we will suggest contacting Steam support to report this issue so they can further investigate the error to help you resolve the error.
Like This Post? Checkout More