You are switching On your Xbox and it starts with a beep but the screen remains black and the Xbox doesn’t turn on. Beep usually happens when the device starts after turning On but in this scenario, it is not open even after the Beep sound.
Here in this article, we will learn about the reasons why Xbox One won’t turn on but beeps and also read about the best possible fixes to resolve this problem in the Xbox.
How To Fix If Xbox One “Won’t Turn On But Beeps?
Fix 1: Power cycle Xbox
- Turn off your Xbox by pressing and holding the power button for around 10 seconds.
- The indicator light will change from orange to white on the power brick.
- Wait till the light turns back to orange, at this moment your device will go into standby mode.
- Now to start your device and turn off the standby mode, press the power button.
- Check if the issue has been resolved after the power cycle.
Fix 2: Soft reset Xbox
Note: Processing soft reset won’t affect your internal storage or games that you have stored, so don’t worry about it.
- First of all, unplug the Power cable of the console from the electric outlet.
- Once it is off, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, this will help to discharge any power left in the capacitor.
- After 30 seconds, plug in the power cable back into the outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device and check if the issue has been fixed.
Fix 3: Tap the Eject button
- Make sure you don’t have a disc in the tray while performing this action on your system.
- Now tap the eject button used for the tray for 10 times in a row, doing this will force the software to focus on a new task.
- At this moment you can put a disc inside the tray.
- Check if it fixes the issue.
Fix 4: Use Triple Button Hold Combination On Xbox
- You need to press and hold three buttons together which include “Power button + Eject + Sync”.
- Hold on to the buttons slowly for 10 seconds.
- Release the Eject button after 10 seconds, while continuing to hold the power and Sync button for the next 15 seconds.
- Release the Power and sync button after 15 seconds have passed.
- Now to turn on the device, again press and hold the Power and sync buttons together till your device turns on and starts the sync process on the screen.
Fix 5: Check If Xbox Is Overheating:
- The issue of beeping sound but not starting up can take place due to overheating issues.
- Overheating may occur if you leave your device on for a longer period without any rest.
- Overheating issues also occur due to blockade of proper ventilation and accumulation of dust.
- To tackle this issue give your Xbox resting time.
- If you have used Xbox One for too long, then switch it off for 30 minutes minimum to give cooling time to its internal components and power brick.
- Apart from giving short breaks, also clean its vents and place it near an open area or next to the window to give it proper ventilation.
Fix 6: Check Power brick and cable:
- Another reason why your device is beeping only and not starting up is due to a faulty power supply.
- There can be two reasons, first is damaged cables, and second is Power brick.
- After a time, the power drawing capacity of the console puts so much pressure on an aging power brick, which causes beeps only and not enough power to start the device.
- In this scenario, you get only two options, replace the Power brick or power cable.
- You may need to replace both the power cable and Power brick, but you can check by replacing one, if it works fine then ok, or change the other one too.
Fix 7: Console Has Faulty internal PSU
- PSU is responsible for the internal power supply and is a vital part of the console, but it can cause some damage after overheating.
- The best possible resolution is to replace it with one under the guidance of an expert technician as it is a costly repair.
Fix 8: There May Be Some Moisture on the motherboard
Moisture may occur when the motherboard builds up some moisture due to some issues with the internal liquid cooling system, it can also happen due to temperature changes.
- This problem may occur if you have placed your system in a cold place, or if the room is unusually humid.
- The moisture in the motherboard may lead to short circuits in internal parts or sparking.
- The best way to drip out the moisture is to turn the console at a certain angle.
- You can use a blow dryer with maximum heat to dry out the moisture from the console.
- Another way is to let it dry naturally by letting it sit idly for 2, or 3 days.
- Also, use a dehumidifier in the room to remove moisture from the air.
Fix 9: Insert A Disc In The Xbox One
- Beeping problems can also be solved by putting a disc inside the disc drive.
- Turn on your device and insert a disc partially into the slot while it is off.
- When you turn it on and beeping begins, gently insert a CD into the disc drive and then Xbox will recognize it and turn on.
- Now check if the issue has been resolved with this fix or not.
Fix 10: Remove the USB Devices and the External HDD
- To resolve this issue, remove the external HDD and all the USB devices when the device is off
- Press and hold the power button and wait for a few seconds.
- Wait till the console boots automatically.
Like This Post? Checkout More