Error code 6 with the Amazon Prime Video app is very common, especially if you are using the app on your Smart TV. But sometimes this error can also show with the prime video when using the app from your browser or smartphone.
Most of the time error occurs because of any issue with the internet or because of any temporary glitch with the Prime Video app.
If you are having this error then below in this post you can find possible workarounds to get rid of the error.
How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 6?
Fix 1: Close And Reopen the Prime Video app
- Close the app.
- Then disconnect your device from the internet.
- Now wait for around a few seconds.
- Then reconnect the device to the internet and relaunch the Prime Video.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device & Internet
- Power off the device on which you are using the Prime Video by disconnecting it from the power source.
- Then disconnect the router from the power by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Now wait for around 5 minutes.
- Then power on the internet and device.
- Once the device starts, connect the device to the internet and launch the Prime Video app.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet Speed
If the error persists, check if your internet is having good speed.
- Simply go to any internet speed test website.
- Test your internet speed.
- If your internet speed is showing slow then contact your ISP.
Fix 4: Connect To A Different Internet
If your internet is working okay but the error is still showing then connect over any other internet.
You can use any mobile hotspot or any alternate Wifi Connection. And if errors get resolved by using another internet then get in touch with your ISP.
Fix 5: Check If Everything Is Updated
- If you are using Prime Video on Smart Tv or any similar device then check if your device needs to be updated.
- If you’re using Prime Video on the browser then check if your browser needs to be updated.
- Also check, if the prime video has any pending updates.
Fix 6: Make Sure You Are Not Using Any VPN Or Proxy
If in case you are using any VPN or proxy then it can also lead to such an error like you are facing right now.
So try disabling your VPN or proxy and then try using Prime Video.
Fix 7: Reinstall The App
If the error still doesn’t disappear then simply uninstall the Prime Video from your device, and then reinstall it.
- Uninstall Prime Video.
- Then restart your device.
- Then Reinstall the Prime Video.
Fix 8: Contact Amazon Support
If nothing above is helping you resolve the error then get in touch with the Prime Video support team to report the error. As Amazon has a good team of technicians so at this point they can help you better with the error.
Like This Post? Checkout More
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 9074?
- How To Fix If Amazon Prime Video Buffering Or Stuttering Or Freezing?
- How To Fix The Error “Prime Video Is Unavailable”?
- How To Fix If Amazon Prime Video Subtitles Is Not Working?