If you receive the Bitdefender VPN Error Code 12 then here in this post we are going to share possible solutions to get rid of the error. Our workarounds will work whether you are having the error on Windows, MAC, Android, iPhone, or iPad.
What Is Bitdefender VPN Error Code 12?
As per most of the users’ complaints, error code 12 occurs with the Bitdefender VPN when users try to connect to the VPN. Bitdefender has shared many workarounds for this error but they didn’t share the details of why exactly the error occurs.
Fixes For Bitdefender VPN Error Code 12
Fix 1: Check Your Internet
The first thing you need to do is to check if your internet is strong and stable. To check the strength of your internet connection you can visit any internet speed test website. If your internet speed is slow or unstable then you need to troubleshoot the internet.
- Power off your router and wait for a full 2 to 3 minutes before powering on the router.
- After 2 to 3 minutes restart the router.
- Then connect your device to the internet and go to any internet speed test website.
- Then check if your internet is strong and stable, if not then contact your ISP.
Fix 2: Disable Firewall/Antivirus
- If your internet is working flawlessly then consider disabling your device firewall/antivirus. This way you can find if your device firewall/antivirus is conflicting with the VPN.
- Also check if you have a router-level Firewall, if yes then you need to disable it too. If you don’t have any idea whether your router has a firewall or not, you can refer to your router’s user manual or contact your ISP.
Fix 3: Do You Have Any Other VPN or Proxy?
In case you have access to any other VPN or proxy on your device then make sure it’s not enabled while you are using the Bitdefender VPN, otherwise, you may get this error.
Fix 4: Are You Using A Public Wifi Network?
In case you are using any public wifi network from a hotel, school, or office then it may be possible that the network administrators have blocked the VPN connection. To confirm that you can try connecting over your mobile hotspot connection or contact the network administrator.
Fix 5: Check If Port 443 Is Blocked
In order for Bitdefender VPN to work, it requires the Port 443 UDP to be open. So check if Port 443 is blocked, if yes then consider opening it.
Fix 6: Turn Off And On the Internet Kill Switch
- Turn off the Bit Defender VPN.
- Then go to settings.
- Then turn off the Internet kill switch.
- Then turn on the Bit Defender VPN.
- Then turn on the Internet kill switch.
- Now check if it resolves the error.
Fix 7: Contact Bitdefender Support
If you still have the error then we will suggest you to contact the Bitdefender support team for further help and advice. Alternatively, you can also visit this guide and try some other workarounds depending on your OS.
Like This Post? Checkout More