A social network just for Art enthusiasts and artists. DeviantArt was launched as a platform that gave rise to artistic talent. Has it succeeded in doing so?
According to people that have been active users on the platform, the platform has not succeeded in providing the manpower needed to run the platform efficiently.
It has been reported that the team at DeviantArt is unprofessional. Less to their fault on this one as they do not have the staff required to handle your queries in the correct manner.
There are also a lot of Spambots on the site that are annoying the users. DeviantArt recently launched a new layout that was also criticized by many users.
If you are one of the users on DeviantArt tired with the new policies on the platform and the inefficient customer support, then you can read our section down below on how to delete your account on DeviantArt platform.
We will also be suggesting alternatives to deleting the account just in case you decide that you really do not need to delete the account as long as you can make some adjustments.
Things To Note Before deleting DeviantArt account
Before you jump to delete your account on DeviantArt, you need to keep in mind some points regarding your data on the platform.
Here are some points that should be remembered.
- All your artworks will be deleted
- All your submitted journals will be deleted
- Your comments will still be visible but in a grey underline so that people know about you being inactive
- You will not be allowed to particioate on the DeviantArt community
- Your portfolio that was attached to the account will also be erased
- You cannot use the same email associated with the deleted account for a period of 21 days. Only after 21 days you can use the email to create a new account.
- Once you submit the request to delete your account, you cannot reactivate it for another 48 hours.
- You cannot claim the same username again.
- Your remaining balance on the account cannot be transferred in the form of points
- You can still log in after the account is deleted but just to take a look at your past activity in purchases.
If you have read and considered all of the points mentioned above, you can move to the next section to find out how to permanently delete your account on DeviantArt.
How to Delete your DeviantArt account Account?
- Follow the link and log in to your account on DeviantArt.
- At the far right corner of the screen, hover over your profile picture to open a menu.
- Select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
- On the left, you will see a list of options. Click on Deactivation.
- You will see a confirmation page warning you about the stuff that will be deleted.
- Click on Yes, Deactivate My Account.
- Click on Yes, Send me the Verification email.
- Check the inbox of your registered email to find the official mail from DeviantArt.
- On the mail, click on the option Deactivate Account.
- On the confirmation prompt, click on Yes, Deactivate My Account.
- Select a reason to shut your account and click on Confirm.
- Your account will be deleted after 21 days.
How to Temporarily Deactivate Your DeviantArt account?
If you still want to keep your account on DeviantArt and just need a break, you can choose to disable or deactivate the account instead.
It does not cancel your core membership too. Make sure that you cancel the membership before you disable the account so that you do not have to pay for the same while you are away.
- Follow the link and log in using the correct credentials.
- On the far right corner of the screen, hover on the Profile Picture icon.
- Click on the Activity Bar.
- A dropdown menu appears. Click on Edit on the menu.
- Navigate to Account Status.
- Turn the Account Status invisible.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
To be able to reactivate the deleted account on DeviantArt, you need to make sure that the 21 day grace period does not pass. If you are trying to reactivate after 21 days, unfortunately you cannot. To reactivate the account, just log in to the account and navigate to Account Settings. On the left pane, you will be able to see an option titled reactivate. Type the password next and click on Reactivate Account.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More