GoFundMe is a helpful platform for anyone struggling with necessary funds for treatments or social causes. After you have fulfilled your cause, if you want to look into deleting your account, the steps are included in this blog.
You should also delete your campaign after the necessary funds are raised so that the people can move towards funding other causes. The steps to delete the GoFundMe campaign are also listed below.
How To Delete the GoFundMe campaign?
Once, you have collected the necessary funds for your campaign, you can choose to either delete the fundraiser completely, or you can choose to turn off the option of receiving donations.
You might want to choose the option of just turning off the incoming donations and still keeping the fundraiser active so that the people who donated to your cause can follow through with the updates. This is also recommended by the official GoFundMe support.
How To Delete the GoFundMe campaign entirely?
To delete the fundraiser entirely, follow the steps listed.
- On the page named “Your Fundraisers”, click on Manage alongside the fundraiser that you wish to delete.
- Next to the Fundraiser name, you will see an Edit and Settings option. On the mobile device, this will just read, Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the option of Delete Fundraiser
- In the shown dialog box, enter the word Delete. Then click on Delete
- Your GoFundMe campaign will be deleted and you will see a banner with confirmation.
How To end Incoming donations to Campaign but keeping Fundraiser active?
- Navigate to the “Your Fundraisers” page and click on Manage next to the Fundraiser you want to end donations for.
- Choose the option named Edit and Settings.
- On the several options you see below with checkboxes next to them, uncheck the box for Allow Donations to my Fundraiser
- Click on Save
- You will no longer receive donations for this campaign but the fundraiser will still be active for updates.
How to Delete your GoFundMe account?
If you do not wish to keep your account active, you can follow the easy steps below to delete the account.
- Sign in to your GoFundMe Account entering the correct credentials
- Where you see your name, click on the small arrow right next to it.
- A drop-down menu appears. Select Account Settings on the menu
- Scroll to the bottom to find the option of Delete Account
- Confirm that you want to delete the account by clicking on Delete my Account
- Your account will be deleted.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
You can reach out to the support team at GoFundMe, and write an email if you need any information related to your account and they might be able to help you with it.
Only an organizer can delete or modify the fundraiser. If you need to delete the campaign, talk to the organizer.
Deleting the fundraiser does not mean that the donations will be refunded to the donors. It will still be available to you for withdrawal. You should post an update before you delete the fundraiser to keep your donors in the loop and thank them.
Like This Post? Checkout More