As per the official information shared by Bungie, the error code Cockatiel mainly occurs with Destiny because of some connection issue.
The error means that your connection to the public gameplay region has been lost. So if you are having this error then you should test your internet connection to make sure everything is okay.
Reasons For The Destiny Error Code Cockatiel
- Your internet is down.
- Packet loss.
- You may need to use a wired connection.
- Some of your router’s settings are conflicting with the game.
- Destiny servers are down.
Fixes For Destiny Error Code Cockatiel
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
- First power off the router by disconnecting it from the power source. Then after 5 minutes power on the router and check if the error still appears.
- In case error still comes then go to any internet speed test website to check if your internet has low strength. If yes then contact your ISP.
- If your internet has strong strength but the error is still coming then try using a wired internet connection.
- If you are doing other activities on your internet then it is advisable to close any programs that are utilizing your internet connection for activities other than gaming, such as streaming or watching a movie.
Fix 2: Check If You Need To Update The Game Or Device
If your internet is working fine then check if you need to update your system or game. In case there are any pending updates for the game or the system then choose to install the pending updates and then check for the error.
Fix 3: Clear Your Console Cache
- Power off your console.
- Wait till your console is completely powered down.
- Then disconnect the console from the power source.
- Then let the console sit in that state for at least 5 minutes.
- Then power on the console.
- Then launch the Destiny game to check if error still persists.
Fix 4: Improve Latency And Packet Loss
If error still comes then you should try improving latency and packet loss. If you need help with this step then you can refer to this guide.
Fix 5: Try Connecting Over An Alternate Internet Connection
If the error still comes then at this stage you should try connecting over a different internet. In case you don’t have access to any other wifi connection then our suggestion for you to connect over a mobile hotspot connection.
Fix 6: Check Game Server Status
If connecting over a different wifi connection doesn’t resolve the issue then check if game servers are down. To check the Destiny server status you can visit here. Here you can check updated information about the Destiny servers.
Key Highlight Of The Article
- The error code Cockatiel in Destiny is primarily caused by a connection issue, indicating a lost connection to the public gameplay region.
- Possible reasons for the error include internet downtime, packet loss, conflicting router settings, or server issues.
- Fixes for the error code Cockatiel include checking and troubleshooting the internet connection, updating the game or device, clearing the console cache, improving latency and packet loss, trying an alternate internet connection (such as a mobile hotspot), and checking the game server status.
Like This Post? Checkout More