Here we are going to discuss and share the details for the DirecTV error code 612.
DirecTV error code 612 is a known error, and as per the DirecTV support page this error comes because of connectivity problems between the Genie Mini receiver and Genie Main receiver. In simple words, this error means that the Genie Mini receiver is having difficulty connecting with the Genie Main receiver.
Below we have shared some workarounds that may help you resolve this problem so you can get back to Directv normally.
Fixes For Directv Error Code 612
Fix 1: Reset Mini And Main Genie Receiver In One By One In Order
The first thing you should do is to reset the Mini and Main Genie receiver one by one in order, and then check if the error continues or not.
It is possible that for some temporary reasons, your mini and main Genie Receiver are facing connectivity issues, resulting in this error. So resetting the mini and main Genie receiver can help you resolve this error.
- First, reset your Mini Genie receiver.
- Once the Mini receiver is reset, you need to reset your main Genie receiver.
- Please make sure to reset them in order.
- Once both of your receivers are reset, check if the error still continues or not.
Fix 2: Checkout Outage For DirecTV
If the error continues then next check the outage for DirecTV. It may be possible that DirecTV in your area is facing some outage, and this error is the result of that.
Here is how to check for an outage for DirecTV.
- From your browser visit here.
- Then select the option where it says, “I am a satellite customer”.
- Then enter your Zip code to check for the outage in your area.
- If you wish from the same page, you can also do a full-service check for your address & account.
Fix 3: Contact DirecTV
If resetting your Genie receiver is not helping, as well as there is no outage for DirecTV then it looks like it requires more than a reset to fix the problem. So you should not get in touch with the DirecTV support team to get further help and advice.
Related Error Codes