In this article, we will talk about the DirecTV error code 722, which reads “Authorization has expired (722)‘.
As per the users’ complaints, the error code 722 occurs while watching live programs, and the error hits the screen as soon as the users try to play any live programs.
As per the information shared by DirecTV on their website, the error code 722 means that the DirecTV receiver may not have the programming info for the channel you’re trying to watch.
Below we have shared a few workarounds that may help you resolve this problem.
Fixes For DirecTV Error Code 722
Fix 1: Refresh Your Equipment
As per the DirecTV, the first thing you need to do is to refresh your equipment. The majority of the time this error is the result of some temporary glitches and all you need is to refresh your equipment.
- First, you need to visit My equipment & services.
- Then you need to Review the equipment you have.
- Then identify the impacted receiver.
- Then tap on the option Refresh receiver.
- Now you need to just wait till the process finishes.
- Then check if the error still continues.
Fix 2: Reset Your Receiver
If refreshing your service is not doing any good then you should try restarting your receiver to check if that helps or not.
- Go to your receiver and disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Now wait for a full 1 minute.
- Then reconnect the receiver to the power outlet.
- Then press the receiver Power button to power it on.
- Now wait till your receiver restarts.
- Now check if the error still comes or not.
Note: If the error persists then try refreshing your equipment again. Simply go to My Equipment & services, then review and identify your impacted receiver, after that select Refresh receiver.
Fix 3: Check For Outage
If you still get the error then check if there is any ongoing outage for the DirecTV in your location.
Here is how to check for an outage for DirecTV.
- From your browser visit here.
- Then choose the option where it says, “I am a satellite customer”.
- Then enter your Zip code to check for the outage.
- From the same page, you can also do a full-service check for your address & account.
Fix 4: Contact DirecTV
If you tried refreshing your service and resetting the receiver, as well as there is no outage with the DirecTV then you should get in touch with the DirecTV support team to report this problem to have further help.
Related Error Codes