The fact that you are already here reading this article clearly indicates that on a fine day while playing your favorite game ‘Roblox’, an annoying error somehow pops up on your screen and it’s none other than the most infamous error code 279 ID=17.
And obviously since enough of your precious time has been already wasted in going through multiple forums and faq sections in order to find a definite solution for the following error, let us not waste anymore time and straightaway head to the all the quick fixes and solutions out there to fix the above error once and for all. Try these methods to fix the Roblox Error Code 279 ID=17 Failure Issue
- Check your Internet Connection
- Setting up Chrome as your default browser
- Disabling browser extensions
- Disabling System Firewall
- Disabling Antivirus Firewall
- Open up Ports
The above mentioned methods have been further explained below in detail with step by step instructions, so that you can easily follow them to fix the error and bid it goodbye for good.
However, before we head to the various steps into fixing the problem, I believe it is important and really crucial that we first have a little peek into the causes of the problem.
By doing this, it actually becomes a lot easier to understand what methods we are implementing and how we should implement them to efficiently get our desired results.
Causes for the Roblox Error Code 279 ID=17
Out of many different causes, one primary reason why your Roblox game may fail to load and prompt you with the above error code is because your internet might have blocked connection to Roblox’s game server. This may happen due to a number of causes such as:
- Poor Internet connection
- Firewall terminating connection between game server and system
- An empty or deleted game on the server
- Game server under downtime
Now, obviously there can be nothing done about the last two causes. It is practically beyond the control of most users. However, for the first two causes, simply following a few solutions and steps should do the trick in fixing the error in no time.
Try these Troubleshoot To Fix Error Code 279 ID=17 Failure
Now, when it comes to the various methods and solutions to fix the following Error Code 279 ID=17 issue. It is important to keep in mind and note that all these solutions are more or less based on a trial and error approach.
Since, the error itself is not distinct in nature and may be caused by any one of the above mentioned reasons.
For that very reason even the approach to deal with it may comprise of a single method or a combination of multiple methods or even all the methods being implemented until a desired solution is found to fix the error.
1. Check your Internet Connection
The very first thing you must check of course is your internet connection. It is really important that you have a stable internet connection with decent to good speed.
If your internet connection is low, then most often you automatically get disconnected from the game and the error may pop up on your screen when you try to reconnect.
In such cases, if your speed is fluctuating between strong and weak, then it most probably is a temporary problem and can be fixed either by asking your ISP provider to fix the issue or wait till your connection is stable enough on its own.
2. Setting up Chrome as your default browser
It is usually advised that while playing Roblox, you do so over Chrome. This is because where other browsers are most often developed and designed to use minimal resources from your respective system, the chrome browser on the other hand has been designed to use up maximum resources provided by your system or PC to provide the maximum output.
Now in order to set Chrome Browser as your default browser, simply follow the steps given as shown below:
- Go to your computer’s Start Menu and then click on the Settings Icon.
- Then, inside the Settings window find and click the Apps option.
- Next, click on the Default apps option in the right pane of the Settings window and then under Default Apps pane on the right pane go to the Web browser option and change it to Google Chrome.
3. Disabling browser extensions
Another most likely cause of such an error to occur may be due to the various extensions you might have installed on your browser earlier.
These may include extensions such as ad-blocker, cookie blocker and other similar extensions, which may abruptly stop an ad automatically while you are playing the game resulting in sudden termination of the game overall.
You can disable your extensions simply by following the steps listed below:
- In your Chrome Browser, first go and click on the Three vertical dots placed at the extreme top right direction.
- Then go down the drop down list and click on the more tools option and extend it.
- From there select the extension option and then disable the extensions which you think may be giving the problem.
- Lastly, close your chrome browser and relaunch it once again.
4. Disabling System Firewalls (For Windows PC)
If you are a Windows User and playing Roblox on a Windows 8 or higher, then most probably your Windows Firewall may be causing the error to show up.
Firewalls are usually set up to block any type of connection which it may find non-native to it and its default apps. For this reason, whenever your browser may try to connect to the Roblox server, your Windows Firewall may work up to disrupt the connection as for it the connection may seem unsafe.
In such a case all you need to do is simply disable your Windows Firewall whenever you play Roblox and enable it back again when you are done playing. In order to do disable Firewall in your system, you simply need to follow the below given steps:
- Either click on the Windows Security icon on the taskbar or go to the search bar and type in “Windows Security” and open the app.
- Next, look for the Firewall & network protection option and click on it to open.
- Them under Firewall & Network protection disable firewall for all three networks i.e. Domain network, Private network and Public network.
- Once that is done, try connecting to the Roblox game server once again.
5. Disabling Antivirus Firewalls
Just like in the previous case, in case you have a third party Antivirus installed in your system. It does absolutely the same job i.e. prevent any connection between apps and third party servers which is not known to it or which is considered unsafe according to its norms.
Thus, in the case of Antiviruses, all you need to do is simply go to the settings of your respective Antivirus which is installed in your system and disable the firewall option or simply add your chrome browser to its exception list.
The way you go on about doing this may vary from antivirus to antivirus, so it’s a good idea to look out for tutorials on the internet on how to disable firewall or add chrome browser to the exception list for the particular antivirus you are currently using.
6. Opening up Ports
Last but not the least, if nothing else seems to work out for you. Then you can try opening up port ranges on your network. To do so simply follow the steps as shown below:
- Firstly, login to your router device with your admin user ID and password provided with the router itself.
- Next, go to the port forwarding option and then enter the IP address provided to you by your ISP and the value 49152-65535 in the port range box.
- You will also need to change your protocol to UDP in place of some other default protocol.
- Lastly, restart your router once and try connecting to the roblox server once again.
Like This Post? Checkout More