Are you getting HBO max unsupported version Error On Samsung tv? If yes then in this post we are going to help you fix the issue so you can enjoy HBO MAX on your Samsung TV without any error.
The error means that the HBO Max app version which has been installed on your TV, it could not be played on your Samsung smart TV or streaming media player.
Reasons For The HBO max unsupported version Error On Samsung tv
- Your HBO MAX app version may be already outdated.
- You may be using an older version of the app which is called HBO Now.
- There is any corrupted app cache and data stored For HBO Max.
- There may be any temporary issues with your Samsung TV.
How To Fix HBO MAX APP Unsupported version Error On Samsung TV?
Fix 1: Check If HBO MAX Server Is Down
Yes, it’s possible that you are getting the issue because the HBO MAX server may be down. The possibility of this is very low because HBO is a giant company and these kinds of issues happen very rarely but still we will suggest you to check if the HBO MAX server is down.
- Simply go to https://downdetector.com/.
- Search for HBO MAX.
- See if they show any server-related issues with HBO MAX.
To double-check you can also try using the HBO MAX on your other devices. If the app is not working on all the other devices then it confirms that the issue is from the HBO’s side, and you have to wait till they fix the issue.
Fix 2: Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV
Any temporary glitch with your Samsung Smart TV can also cause the issue, and power cycling your Samsung Smart TV can fix temporary glitches with your Smart TV.
- Close HBO MAX App.
- Power Off your TV.
- Unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Wait for around 60 seconds.
- Plug in the power cord to the power outlet.
- Once the TV is fully started,Launch the HBO Max app.
- Check if the issue is now fixed.
Fix 3: Clear HBO MAX Cache & Data
Pre accumulated cache and data for HBO Max can also cause this issue. So in the next step, we will suggest you to clear your HBO Max Cache & data.
- Open your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Then Choose System Apps.
- Then select HBO Max.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Tap OK.
Fix 4: Check Update For HBO Max App
It’s possible that you may be using an older version of the HBO Max app, and that’s why it’s showing unsupported. You may check if there is any pending update for the HBO Max app.
- Open your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to Smart Hub.
- Then select Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Updates.
- Now search for the HBO Max app, and check if there is any pending update.
Fix 5: Uninstall Sideloaded Version Of HBO Max App
Did you download and installed the HBO Max App APK file from an unofficial source. Because if you sideloaded the HBO Max App then it’s a very common error with the sideloaded apps.
When referring to Android apps, “sideloading” typically means installing an application package in APK format onto an Android device. Such packages are usually downloaded from websites other than the official app store Google Play. For Android users sideloading of apps is only possible if the user has allowed “Unknown Sources” in their Security Settings. Source
So in case, you have installed the HBO Max APK file on your TV which you downloaded from an unofficial source then uninstall the app. And install it from the Samsung TV apps store.
Fix 6: Uninstall And Reinstall The HBO Max App
If you tried all the above-given steps but still getting the issue then the last troubleshoot is to Uninstall And Reinstall The App.
- Simply uninstall the app from your TV.
- Power cycle your TV by unplugging the TV power cord for around 60 seconds and then plug in the power cord again.
- After that go to the app store, and re-install the HBO Max app.
Fix 7: Contact The Samsung & HBO Support
Like This Post? Checkout More