Are you facing the error code p-dev317 while using Hulu? If yes then in this post we will share all the details along with the workaround for the error.
As per our research, the error code p-dev317 can occur with Hulu despite what device you are using but this error is very common for those users who use Hulu from their Smartphone or from their laptop browser.
During our research, we were unable to find any official information specific to this error but in Hulu’s official forums, many users have shared different solutions which helped them fix this problem. Below you can see all the solutions which we were able to find in our research.
Fixes For Hulu Error Code p-dev317
Fix 1: Are You Using uBlock Origin Or Any Similar Extension?
If you are using Hulu from your laptop browser and having this error then check if you have enabled the uBlock Origin browser extension, if yes then consider disabling it.
Not just uBlock Origin, if you have enabled any similar kind of browser extension then consider disabling them and the check if error still persists.
You can see the screenshot given below where two users have mentioned bypassing the error by simply disabling these extensions.
Fix 2: Use Hulu Under Incognito Mode
If you still get the error then we will suggest you to access your browser Incognito/Private mode and run Hulu from there. This way you can find if your browser cookies and any other browser extensions are conflicting with Hulu and resulting in this error.
If Hulu is working under the Incognito/Private mode then we will advise you to clear your browser cookies but if the error still appears then disable all of your browser extensions and then try using Hulu.
Fix 3: Use Any Other Browser
On the Hulu official forum, many users have mentioned that they were having the error while using Hulu on Chrome as they switch to a different browser the problem gets fixed.
So if you are a Chrome user and unable to fix the issue by applying the above solutions then we will suggest you to use Hulu from any other browser of yours, browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.
Fix 4: Restart Everything
If you still get the error then try the below given steps to give things a fresh start.
- Log out from Hulu.
- Then fully close the Hulu app.
- Then power off your device. If you are using Smart TV then make sure it’s also disconnected from the power source.
- Then disconnect your router from the power source.
- Then wait for a full 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then power on the device and the internet.
- Then launch Hulu and log in to your account.
- Then check if the error still appears.
Fix 5: Check For Internet Related Issues
- Simply go to any internet speed test website and test your internet connection to check if your internet is fast enough to stream Hulu. Also, check if your internet connection is stable.
- You can also choose to connect over a different internet connection. If you don’t have access to any other WIfi then you can connect over a mobile hotspot connection.
Fix 6: Check For App Related Issues
- Check if you need to update your Hulu app, if yes then update the app to its latest version and then check if the error still appears.
- If the Hulu app is updated with the latest version then try clearing the app cache data, and then check for the error.
- At last, you can consider uninstalling the Hulu app and then reinstalling the app. Once you uninstall the app make sure to restart the device, when the device restarts then reinstall the app.
Fix 7: Contact Hulu Support
If you still get the error then you need to contact the Hulu support team to report the error. At this point, they are the ones who can help you with the issues.
Like This Post? Checkout More