Nintendo error code 9001-0988 is a known issue and below you can find everything about this error.
As per the information shared by Nintendo, the error code 9001-0988 mainly occurs with the Nintendo’s official website and the main reason for the error is a temporary service outage with the Nintendo eShop or with Nintendo online services.
If you receive the error code 9001-0988 then first you should check the Nintendo network status. If in case there are no server outages/maintenance then you should try the common workarounds listed below, but if the error still appears then you should get in touch with the Nintendo support team.
Fixes For Nintendo Error Code 9001-0988
Fix 1: Check Nintendo Server Status
As we have mentioned above the error code 9001-0988 mainly occurs when there is a server outage/maintenance with the Nintendo eShop or with Nintendo online services. So go to the Nintendo Network Maintenance page and check if there is any maintenance/service outage with the Nintendo eShop or with Nintendo online services, If yes then you should wait till things get back to normal and try using Nintendo again.
Fix 2: Try Common Workarounds
If there are no server outages/maintenance and the error is coming for an extended amount of time then try the below given steps.
- Restart your device and internet, and check for the error.
- Perform an internet speed test for your internet to make sure that your internet is providing good speed and stability.
- Check and make sure that the Nintendo console is up to date.
- Try connecting over a mobile hotspot connection and check if that resolves the issue or not.
- Get in touch with the Nintendo support team to have further help and advice.
Related Error Codes