Nintendo Switch error code 2306-0811 appears on the screen because the services you are trying to connect to are under maintenance. Usually, most of the error codes appear on the screen due to internet or some hardware problems, but Nintendo error code 2306-0811 is specifically dedicated to server maintenance.
So whenever you see this error code on the screen expect maintenance from the backend and no assumptions. If you are one of the users who have come across this error, stick to this article for the best possible workarounds.
How To Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2306-0811?
Fix 1: Check Server Status
As we have discussed in the introduction, this error is usually caused by Maintenance, so first of all, check if any maintenance is underway on Nintendo.
To review any maintenance work visit www.support.nintendo.com/netwrokstatus. Here you can check the most up-to-date maintenance work.
if you find any update about the server maintenance then wait till it is over. And after the scheduled maintenance has ended, check if the error has gone or not.
But in case you find no information about any server maintenance then tries the troubleshoots listed below.
Fix 2: Restart The Nintendo Console
The best way to fix issues like this is to restart your console to give it a fresh start.
To restart the console, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and select the option of Restart.
If the console is not responding with this method, press and hold the power button for 12 seconds to attempt a force shut down on your console. Then wait for 2 minutes and then turn on the console to check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 3: Power Cycle Your Router
- Unplug all the cables from the Router including the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Now let it be unplugged for 1 minute which helps it drain out any remaining power.
- Now plug in back all cables after one minute and let the router boot up properly.
- Once it is ready to work, open your game and check if the error code has gone or not.
Note: Try using your phone or any other device with your internet to ensure if your internet is working fine. In case you find any issue with your internet then contact your ISP, if in case power cycling is not fixing the issue with the internet.
Fix 4: Move your Console Near To The Router
Many times your console faces internet stability issues when your console is placed far away from the Router.
So for best results place your Nintendo game within 10-15 feet of the wireless router.
Once you have brought the console near to the router check if the error code has gone or not.
One more thing you can try during this troubleshoots is to remove the Switch from the dock, this may help you to fix the issue.
Note: Kindly move away any metal object or electronic devices from your console, they can interfere with your wireless signals. This may include filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, or cordless phones.
Fix 5: Enter An Alternate DNS
Some users have reported that error code 2306-0811 on Nintendo occurs because of the DNS. So try using an alternate DNS to check if it fixes the issue.
- Go to the Nintendo home menu.
- Then choose Settings.
- Tap Internet.
- Tap Internet Settings, here your Nintendo will look for nearby Wi-Fi.
- When Nintendo shows you the list of networks, choose your Networks under Registered Network
- Then tap Change Settings.
- Scroll down, and choose the DNS settings you want.
- Choose “Manual”
- Here select Primary DNS.
- Then hold down the B button to delete it from the Primary DNS.
- Then enter 220.127.116.11 as the primary DNS, and tap OK.
- Then choose secondary DNS.
- Press and hold the B button to delete the secondary DNS.
- Now enter 18.104.22.168 as a secondary DNS, and then tap “OK”.
- Then go back and check if the error is still occurring.
Fix 6: Contact Nintendo Support
if none of the above steps let you fix the issue then you can contact Nintendo Support to report the issue. It’s also possible that they may have any updates on this issue.
Like This Post? Checkout More