Roblox users are getting Error Code 280 while playing games on the platform. This error code is denting the experience of gaming on the Roblox platform. If you are getting the same issue then try the troubleshoots given in this article.
Why is Roblox Error Code 280 Appearing?
- Your Roblox version is an outdated version of Roblox.
- You have input the incorrect Date and Time on Roblox
- Any antivirus is conflicting with the Roblox.
- Roblox has accumulated corrupt cache and data.
- There is any temporary glitch with Roblox.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 280?
Fix 1: Check Update For Roblox
- Open the Roblox application on your device.
- Check for any pending or new updates if available.
- If you find any update new or pending then please consider installing it.
- Once Roblox is updated, check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 2: Update Date and Time
- It is quite not possible that Time and Date are not up to date on your Roblox but still check and confirm the same.
- If you find an incorrect date and Time then please change it right away.
- Go to clock settings and put the correct Date and Time on Roblox.
- Once Date and Time are updated the error code must have gone.
Fix 3: Disable Antivirus Software
Anti Virus can lay a culprit here and blocks some game files, which can result in this issue. If you have any anti-virus on your device, then disable it while playing games to check if this is the reason for the issue.
- Open Windows security on your Laptop/PC.
- Now click on Virus and Threat Protection from the left bar.
- Scroll down and click on “Virus Threat Protection Settings.
- Next tap on “Manage Settings”.
- Now tap on the Toggle button given under “Real Time Protection” to turn off the windows defender antivirus temporarily.
- Then choose “Yes” to confirm the change.
- Once this process completes, check if the error has gone or not.
Note: You can turn it on by Toggling it on through the same method.
Fix 4: Clear Cache & Data For Roblox
This Roblox error can also occur if Roblox has accumulated corrupted cache and data. So we will suggest you to clear Cache & Data for Roblox.
Depending upon your device model the steps to clear cache & data can be different. So you can google the exact steps to clear cache & data for any app for your device.
Once Cache & Data is cleared check if Roblox is working without the error or not.
Fix 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Roblox
If you have updated the recent update on your Roblox and are still facing the issue then you should consider uninstalling the Roblox from your device and Reinstall it back after a few minutes.
- Uninstall Roblox.
- Restart your device.
- Reinstall the Roblox.
- Lunch Roblox and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Contact Roblox Customer Support
If you have tried all of the above given methods then now the last stop for you is to contact Roblox support for better help and advice.
Like This Post? Checkout More