As per our research, the error code 112 occurs with Spotify when users try to log in to their account, specifically when users try to log in from the Spotify app on Windows or MAC.
The error says, “A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings. (Error code: 112)”
If you are experiencing this error then there can be two main possibilities for the issue whether your device firewall/antivirus is interfering with the Spotify or the Spotify app has encountered a technical glitch.
Fixes For Spotify Error 112
- Our first suggestion for you will be to reboot your system. You need to simply restart your device, and in case you are connected over a Wi-Fi connection then also restart your internet. Once your device and internet are restarted, relaunch Spotify and check if the error still comes.
- If the error still comes then the next thing you need to ensure that your device firewall/antivirus is not conflicting with Spotify. To confirm that, disable your device firewall/antivirus temporarily and restart your device, then check if the error still comes.
- If you are logging in with your FB account then reset your FB account password, and then try logging in with the new password.
- In case you are trying to log in with your email id then try entering your username instead of your email to check if that works or not.
- If no suggestion given above helps you with the error then you should try performing a clean reinstallation of Spotify on your device to make sure that you have the latest app version with all required updates. If you don’t know how to do a clean Spotify reinstall then you can visit this official guide.
Related Error Codes