- Platform: Steam
- Error code: #phone_error_invalid_number
- Error says: #phone_error_invalid_number
- Occurs: Error comes when Steam asks the users to enter their phone numbers but once users enter their numbers they get this error
- Effect of the error: Because of the error users are stuck where Steam keeps asking for the user’s phone number
In this post, we will share the details for the Steam “#phone_error_invalid_number” issue.
Steam says that you do not have a phone number associated with this account so you need to enter one, but as the user enters their number they get this error even though users are entering the correct number in the correct format.
Reasons For Steam #phone_error_invalid_number
Many Steam users have shared that they started to have this error after the recent client update so as per us there is one of the following things which is causing this error.
- If you started to have this error after the recent client update then most likely the recent update brings some bugs with it resulting in this error.
- You are making any mistakes while entering your phone number.
- There are some temporary glitches with your system which are causing this error.
Fixes For Steam #phone_error_invalid_number
- Our first suggestion for you will be to double-check the format while entering the phone number, as any small incorrection may lead you to this error.
- If you are entering the correct number in the correct format but the error is still coming then simply quit Steam and then shut down your device. Along with your device also shut down your router and wait for a full 5 minutes. Then restart your device and router, then relaunch Steam, and check if the error still comes.
- If you still get the error then check if there is any new update available for Steam. If so then update the Steam and then restart your PC, then check if the error still persists or not.
- Next, you can try logging into the Steam website from your browser, then go to the account settings and try entering your phone number from there.
- If you still get the error then it may mean that the Steam system is down for some reason. You can visit steamstat.us to check the Steam server status, if Steam is down then we will advise you to wait for a few hours and try again.
Related Error Codes