As per the complaints raised by the users, their Wyze cams go offline and show the error code -27 which reads, “Please connect your mobile device to a different network and try again”. If you are also currently having this error then here in this post we will tell you what this error means and how you can resolve this issue.
As per the official information shared by Wyze, this error means that your Wyze Cam can see that the servers are there but they are unable to stream through servers. This mainly happens because of having too many devices connected to the network, but many times other issues can also lead to this error.
Fixes For Wyze Error Code Wyze Cams Error Code -27
- To troubleshoot this issue the first thing you need to do is to disconnect your phone/tablet from your network, and then reconnect it after waiting for one to two minutes.
- If the error still comes then try shutting down your home router for around four to five minutes, while your router is shut down make sure it’s not connected to the power source. Then reconnect your router to the power source and restart your router, now check if the error still comes or not.
- If restarting your router fails to resolve the issues then try connecting over a different internet connection be it a different wifi connection or mobile data. Check if this resolves the issues or not.
- In case there are other devices such as phones, laptops, or TVs connected to your network then try disconnecting them from your network, and then check for the error again.
- Next, you can try checking the signal strength on the app for each Wyze camera, in case the signal strength is weak then this can also lead to this issue. To check the signal strength for your Wyze cameras simply open the app and visit the settings, then go to the Device info, there you can see the signal strength for each of your Wyze cameras.
- In case signal strengths are strong but the error still comes then you can try factory resetting your cams. Many users on the Wyze forums have shared that all it was needed to factory reset their cams and they started to work again.
- In case the error still persists or comes back again then we will advise you to access your router settings and make some changes.
- Login to your router.
- Then choose 2.4 wifi.
- There you will see the “channels” option and by default, it will be set to automatic.
- You need to switch it from automatic to any of the given channels.
- Then check if the error still comes or not.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
Wyze Cams error code -27 says, “Please connect your mobile device to a different network and try again.”
Wyze Cams error code -27 prevents the cams from connecting to the network.
To fix Wyze Cams error code -27 users should try disconnecting and reconnecting the app to the network, restarting the router, connecting over a different network, disconnecting other devices from the network, and factory resetting their Cams.
Related Error Codes