Since, you are already here reading the following article on, “How to fix Spotify Error Code 0?”. My guess is that you must have surely come across the following Error Code 0 on your respective devices while trying to launch the app.
Moreover, given that the following error usually shows up when a user is trying to launch Spotify, very well indicates that it might be a runtime error. And hence, due to this reason, usually such errors are resolved at the developer’s end itself with a new patch or app update.
However, if you still want to try fixing the issue on your own and cannot wait for the next fix or update from the developer’s end. Then, knowing the causes as well as the various troubleshooting methods as explained below, should be able to help you somewhat fix the issue on your own up to some extent.
What causes Spotify Error Code %0%?
As have already been mentioned above, the following Error Code 0 usually shows up on your device screen when you try to launch the app. This means that the Error Code 0 can be very well considered a runtime error by itself, denoting that it is a bug or software abnormality inside the app itself, which may have arised from the source itself or have developed recently due to some kind of external changes.
To understand this better. Let us have a glance at a few of the most common causes out there which may be responsible for the following error to show up.
- One of the most common reasons out there causing runtime errors would be when the system or app itself is unable to process input data as it should. In such cases, a system update or an app update to a newer version should do the trick.
- If there is any kind of memory leak or resource shortage due to a fault in process management. Then, such an error showing up may be more common than you would expect.
- Another very common reason for the Error Code 0 to occur would be a logical error occurring from or inside the software, which in our case would be the Spotify music app. In such cases, the errors usually occur due to some kind of malfunction within the app or a glitch causing files to get corrupted.
- Many users have also reported that Spotify’s Customer Support team has let them know that the following error has been caused as a result of unauthorized content downloads.
Best Troubleshoot ways to fix Spotify Error Code 0
Below, I have listed some of the most popular and widely used fixes out there, with whose help you should be able to fix the Error Code 0 on your own, until and unless it is a factory bug present at the time of recent update upload by the developers themselves.
Moreover, since this specific Error Code is usually Windows centric. Our solutions here too shall be based around Windows systems more or less.
Fix 1: Restart your PC
One of the easiest and first thing you can try out to resolve the particular issue, is to restart your PC. At times, due to some kind of a glitch or mismanagement of resources within your PC, an app such as Spotify may show such a run time error. And thus, in such cases simply restarting your system may do the trick.
Fix 2: Update the Spotify App
If you have downloaded the Spotify App on your Windows OS systems and have the following run time error showing up on your screens whenever you launch the app. Then, updating the Spotify App might not be a bad idea.
Now, to update your Spotify app on a Windows PC. You will need to follow the steps as shown below:
- Firstly, launch the Spotify App on your Windows system.
- Next, go to and click on your account or profile at the top right side of the screen.
- On your profile tab, if you see a blue colored mark. Then it indicates that there is an update available for your Spotify app.
- From the drop down menu, click on the Update available.Restart now option and let the app update automatically.
- Once you click on the Update option, your app should close on its own and the update should finish up on its own.
After the app has been successfully updated. Launch the app and see whether the error still persists.
Fix 3: Update your Windows OS
At times, having an outdated OS can also result in such an error to show up on your screens when trying to launch an app. If that is the case, then updating your Windows OS might help you solve the issue.
To update your Windows OS, you can follow the steps as shown below:
- Firstly, go to and click on the Start button on your Windows’ toolbar.
- Then, click on the Setting icon on the left hand side and head to the Settings option.
- Lastly, click on the Windows Update option and click on the Check for Updates button to check if any updates are available.
- If there are any updates available. Then, click on the Update button and let your Windows system update on its own.
- Restart your PC and launch the Spotify app to see if the error has been resolved.
Hence, in this way to solve the Error Code 0 in Spotify. You can make use of the above mentioned methods such as restarting your PC, Updating the Spotify App and Updating Windows OS.
If for some reason, the solutions do not seem to do the trick. Then, my advice to you would be to wait it out till the next update or patch makes its way. Or, straight away try contacting Spotify’s official HelpDesk to notify them of the problem and ask them for their expert assistance.
Like This Post? Checkout More