Here the Red LED light on Xfinity Router simply tells you that you do not have an internet connection. Due to some issues, your router is unable to establish an internet connection.
If in your case too, Xfinity Router is blinking red then in this post we are going to tell you possible troubleshoots to fix the issue.
Why Is Xfinity Router Blinking Red Light?
- There is any temporary glitch with your router.
- Any of the internet cables are damaged or loose.
- If you are using a power strip or surge protector, then there is an issue with them.
- Internet is down from the ISP end.
How To Fix If Xfinity Router Blinking Red Light?
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Xfinity Router
Power cycling is the first step that you should try before trying any serious troubleshoots. Power cycling looks like nothing but it can fix any temporary glitches with your device.
- Unplugs the power cable of the router from the power outlet.
- Once unplugged, give it a rest of 1 minute so the router can drain out the remaining power from the router.
- Plug in the power cable back to the power outlet again after 1 minute.
- Give your router full time to boot up properly.
- Now check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Check All Internet Cables
- A loose or damaged cable connection may interrupt your internet services. So check each and every cable and connection connected to the router, there should be no fraying or damage on the wire.
- If you find any fault with the cables then replace them right away to improve your internet quality.
- if you find no fault with the cables then unplug every wire and plug it back tightly. Doing this will fix any loose cables.
Fix 3: Check The Power Strip Or Surge Protector
Many users prefer power strips or surge protectors which help the device receive power but on some occasions, it may cause some issues while transferring the power to the router.
To check and make sure that the Power strip or surge protector is not causing the issue, follow the steps given below.
- Disconnect the router from the power strip or surge protector.
- Now connect the router directly to the electric wall outlet.
- Switch on the router and let it start functioning properly.
- Now check if disconnecting the power strip or surge protector helps turn off the red LED light.
Fix 4: Contact Your ISP
Most of the time the internet connection can become unstable from the service provider’s end, so in such a case you should contact your Internet service provider.
They will inform you if there is an outage. And if there is no outrage then they will help you to resolve your Red light issue on your Xfinity box.
Like This Post? Checkout More